About Us: Kate Meads Occupational Therapy
“Following more than 20 years of practice in both the public and private sectors in the UK and abroad, I realised that, due to a limited amount of information available, many people had a lack of understanding of what occupational therapy actually achieves. Put simply, our work helps people of all ages with all kinds of physical, mental or developmental conditions to develop, regain and maintain their living and work skills. We work in a wide range of environments and use a person-centred recovery focused approach.
When I set up Kate Meads Associates, I had four main objectives in mind:-
- To provide all aspects of occupational therapy;
- To educate people on the benefits of using an occupational therapist;
- To deliver a high quality service that I would be pleased for either myself or a member of my family to receive;
- To provide cost effective and outcome focused assessment and intervention ensuring the implementation of measurable and sustainable goals.
Today our service philosophy and delivery model reflect these objectives and incorporate our commitment to:-
- ethical rehabilitation processes and practices;
- collaboration and consultation with key parties;
- maintaining dignity;
- developing trust through confidentiality and respectful relationships;
- excellent ethical and clinical reasoning skills;
- outcome-focused assessments and recommendations providing achievable and sustainable goals.
We have a nationwide network of multi-skilled and experienced consultants who specialise in mental health, vocational rehabilitation, learning disabilities, physical rehabilitation and education. We share the objectives outlined above and follow them in conjunction with our clinical governance framework.
At Kate Meads Associates, we work with success in mind. There is always some way to optimise a person’s functional capacity to enable them to lead a healthy and fulfilling life.”